Its hot, aromatic, slightly tangy, and many more flavours; all packed a bowl of awesomeness – quintessentially Thai, and a perfect quick meal for a busy evening! Rice noodles is preferred, but in this version I made use of the instant noodle packets at home.
You need –
- Chicken breast – 200 grams, cut into strips
- Button mushrooms – 150 grams, sliced
- Egg/rice/instant noodles – 3 nests, (Cooked as per packet instructions)
- Red curry paste – 2 tablespoons
- Chicken stock – 2 cups
- Coconut milk – 1.5 cups
- Red chili – 1-2 or as per taste
- Garlic – 3 pods, minced
- Ginger – grated 1 tablespoon
- Coconut oil – 1 tablespoon
- Lime and coriander to garnish
How to –
Heat the oil in large pan/wok. Add ginger, garlic and sauté briefly. Mix in the curry paste and sauté for about 3 minutes or till fragrant.
Add the chicken and cook for 2 minutes. Next goes in the chicken stock, coconut milk, mushrooms and gently simmer for around 8-10 minutes. Now add in the noodles and simmer for a minute. Add salt to taste if need be.
Turn off the heat and transfer to a serving bowl. Garnish with fresh red chili, fresh coriander and lime wedges.
P.S – If using instant noodle do not add the seasoning.