A long pending post! I make this very often, but never made into this space. One of my favorite from childhood, indeed the first recipe I learnt from my mom. An easy and uncomplicated recipe, we normally savor this with Rice, sambar/Rasam.
You need –
- Potato – 2 nos, cut into bite size cubes
- Onion – 1 small, finely chopped
- Garlic – 1 small clove, minced
- Chili powder – 1/2 teaspoon or per taste
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- cumin seeds – 1/4 teaspoon
- Dried Kasoori Methi– 1 teaspoon
- Garam masala – 1/4 teaspoon
- Oil – 1 tablespoon or as required
- salt to taste
- Coriander leaves – to garnish
How to –
In a pot boil the potatoes with turmeric powder till done. Make sure not to over cook and mushy. Drain the water and set potatoes aside.
Heat oil in pan, add the cumin seeds. Once they start to pop, add the chili powder and fry for a minute. Add the onion and garlic and saute till the raw smell of garlic is gone and onions are soft and start to brown.
Add the cooked potatoes salt and mix will. Sauté for 2 minutes. Now add the Kasoori Methi, garam masala and stir fry for a minute.