One of the easiest one-pot meal that can be done up in a jiffy…
You can use beef, pork or prawns and veggies of your choice. Of course don’t use veggies that get too mushy as they cook. I have not used salt as store brought curry paste are salty and so does fish sauce. So please taste first before adding salt.
You need –
- Red curry paste – 2 tablespoon
- Cooked cold rice – 2.5 cups
- Chicken fillet – 200 grams, cut into thin strips
- French beans – Cut into 1.5 inch long, 1/2 cup
- Carrot – Cut into thin 1.5 inch long, 1/2 cup
- Baby corn – Cut into 1.5 inch long, 1/2 cup
- Lime leaves – 2, finely chopped
- Fish sauce – 1.5 tablespoons
- Spring onions and coriander leaves to garnish
How to –
Heat oil in wok/skillet. Add the curry paste and cook till fragrant and oil starts to separate. Add the chicken strips and fry till done.
Add the veggies and cook till done ( Do not over cook. Keep them crisp). Add the rice, lime leaves and fish sauce. Combine well and continue to fry till the rice is heated through.
Garnish with spring onions and coriander leaves. Serve hot with fried eggs.
Sending this recipe to Cooking With Seeds (CWS) December 2013: Rice. For detial on the events click here CWS event announcement