And it happened! My trusted partner for almost 8 years – the humble Canon 450D finally gave up. We got it to capture those beautiful moments with Saana, and over the years the camera became like a second skin especially after I started with my blog. Adieu my friend! So… until I get a new camera, it’s my other dependable companion who will help with the photo duties; like a quick-fix meal, iPhone can dish out some decent photos 🙂
And talking about quick-fix meal, I have this classic tomato pasta which can be prepared in a jiffy! Since the sauce is the star here, make sure to use a good one – either do it yourself, and use a store-brought one.
You need –
- Spaghetti – 80 grams
- Tomato pasta sauce – ½ cup
- Fresh basil – finely chopped, 2 teaspoons. Extra for garnishing.
- Garlic – 2 cloves, minced
- Parmesan cheese – grated, for serving
- Olive oil – 2 teaspoons
- freshly ground Pepper – to taste
How to –
- Cook the pasta as per the packet instruction until al dente. Drain the pasta and reserve about ¼ of the pasta water. Set aside.
- In a pan, heat the oil and add the garlic and sauté for about a minute.
- Add the sauce, basil and cook till it starts to boil. Add the pasta and toss well. Add the reserved pasta water if the sauce is too thick.
- Transfer the pasta into the serving dish. Sprinkle with cheese, pepper and garnish with chopped basil leaves.