You need –
- Pasta – 1.5 cups (Short pasta of your choice. I have used whole wheat Spiral pasta)
- Marinara sauce – ¾ cup
- Prawns – 300 grams, peeled and deveined, leaving the tails intact
- Garlic cloves – 2, minced
- Fresh basil leave – chopped, 2 teaspoon, extra for garnishing
- Olive oil – 1 tablespoon
- Freshly ground pepper and salt – as per taste
- Grated parmesan – ¼ cup
How to –
Cook the pasta in a saucepan of rapidly boiling salted water until al dente. Drain well and return back to the sauce pan. Before you drain the pasta, reserve about ½ cup of the pasta water.
In a heavy bottom pan, heat oil, add the garlic and saute till tender over low heat. Add the sauce, basil and season with salt and pepper. Simmer the sauce for about 5 mins.
Add the prawns and simmer simmer for another 4-5 mins or till the prawns are tender. Pour the pasta over and mix well. If the sauce is bit dry, then add the reserved pasta water as required. Turn the heat off, Sprinkle the cheese and serve immediately.
One thought on “Pasta with Prawns”
Simple and easy pasta fix ups are my go to dinner on week days. These easy peel shrimp comes hand for quick meals. The pasta with shrimp looks yummy!