- Canned plum tomatoes – 1 or 500 grams
- Fresh basil leaves – 3-4 leaves, finely chopped
- Carrot – 1 medium, grated
- Onion – 1 small, finely chopped
- Garlic – 2 pods, minced
- Dried oregano – ¾ teaspoon
- Dried thyme – ¾ teaspoon
- Paprika – 2 teaspoons
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Extra virgin olive oil – 2 tablespoon
How to –
Heat the olive oil in a pan over low heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook till they are soft but do not brown. Add the paprika and sauté for a few seconds. Now Add the grated carrots and cook for about 4 minutes.
Add the canned tomatoes with the liquid, dried herbs. Stir well and simmer over medium-low heat for about 20-30 minutes uncovered or till the sauce has thickened.
Season with salt and pepper. Add the chopped basil and cook for a minute. Turn off the heat. Puree the sauce with a hand blender till smooth.
You can store the sauce in a clean jar in the fridge. They will stay for a week.