A one pot meal!
You need –
- Prawns – 750 grams
- Basmati rice – 1.5 cups
- Onion – 1, thinly sliced
- Tomato – 1, finely chopped
- Ginger and garlic paste – 2 teaspoons
- Fresh Turmeric, grated – 1 teaspoon
- Green chili – 3-4, slit
- Whole spices-
- Green cardamom – 3
- Clove – 3-4
- Bay leaves – 1
- Fennel seeds – ½ teaspoon
- Cinnamon – 1’inch stick
- Coriander powder – 2 teaspoons
- Chili powder – 1 teaspoons or to taste
- Garam masala – 1 teaspoon
- Ghee – 2 tablespoons
- Salt to taste
- Water – 3 cups
- Fresh coriander leaves to garnish
How to –
Peel and devain the prawns. Wash the rice and soak for 20 mins. Strain and set aside.
Heat ghee in a heavy bottom pan, add the whole spices and cook till fragrant. Add the onions and fry till translucent; add green chilies, ginger garlic paste, fresh turmeric and cook till the raw smell is gone. Add the spice powders and continue to cook till oil starts to separate.
Add the tomato, salt, Cover and cook till mushy. Sprinkle with little water if the mixtures is dry. Add the prawn and mix well. Add the rice and gentle stir till everything is well combined. Add water, cover cook till the rice is done.
Garnish with fresh coriander and serve hot with your favorite raita and pickle.