You need –
- Butter bean – 250 grams, soaked overnight
- Onion – 1, finely chopped
- Garlic – 2 cloves, finely chopped
- Olive oil – 2 tablespoons
- Chicken/veg stock – 2 cups
- Thyme – 3 sprigs
- Thick cream – 2 tablespoons
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to –
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in pan. Add the onion, garlic and cook till translucent. Add the broth, Beans and 2 sprigs thyme. Cook till the beans are soft stirring occasionally.
Drain the beans (reserve the stock). Separate the thyme and puree the beans.
Stir in the cream , 1 tablespoon olive oil and enough broth to make a cream puree. Season with salt and pepper.
Garnish with the thyme leaves and serve with bread.