For all the seafood lovers, here’s a delicious prawn biryani… I was running late for preparing lunch, but wanted to make something nice as our Sunday lunch at home is always special. Since there was not much time for marinating and the long cooking procedures, I decided to make a quick biryani and made this delicious rice in about 45 minutes (where I usually take more than an hour). So here’s the Quick prawn biryani recipe.
|Quick prawn biryani|
You will need-
For the Rice:
- Rice – 1 cup
- Bay leaf – 1
- Cinnamon – 1 small stick
- Clove – 1
- Fennel seeds – ¼ teaspoon
- Cardamom – 2
- Hot water – 2 cups
- Salt – As per taste
For the the prawn masala:
- Tiger Prawns – 250 grams
- Onions – 1 cup finely chopped
- Ginger paste – 1 teaspoon
- Garlic paste – 1 teaspoon
- Green chillies – 1 (or 2 if you need it spicier) slit lengthwise
- Biryani Masala – 2 teaspoon
- Yogurt – 4 tablespoon
- Turmeric – ¼ teaspoon
- Ghee – 1 tablespoon
- Coriander leaves – finely chopped 1 tablespoon
- Salt – as per taste
- Friend Onions – 1/2 cup
- Coriander leaves – 2 tables spoon finely chopped
- Mint leaves 2 tablespoon finely chopped
- Friend cashews and Raisins – 10 each
- Saffron strands – a pinch and soaked in 1 tablespoon milk
How to –
Cooking the rice:
- Soak rice for 15 minutes and drain completely
- Cook the rice with all the dry spice, salt and 2 cups water till done.
- Heat oil in deep pan. Shallow fry the prawns and set aside.
- In the same pan add the onions and sauté till golden brown
- Add the ginger-garlic paste, chilies and continue to fry till the raw smell is gone.
- Add the biryani masala turmeric and salt. Fry for a minute
- Add the yogurt and cook for a minute
- Add the prawns and mix well to combine. Add the chopped coriander leaves. Cover and cook till the prawns are completely cooked
- Add water if you need to as you don’t want the gravy to be too dry but enough to mix well with the rice.
- Once the prawns is done. Lay the cooked rice on top of the prawn masala. Sprinkle the saffron milk, half of the fried onions, chopped coriander and mint leaves.
- Cover and cook on low flame for about 5 minutes.
|Quick prawn biryani|
Garnish with the remaining fried onions, cashews and raisins. Serve hot
Please note – you can use tomatoes instead of yogurt. You will need 1 medium tomato.