You can cook this with most veggies, like carrot, cabbage.. When I cook this for my daughter I avoid adding the green chili.
|Stir fried beets|
- Beetroots – 1 large grated
- Mustard – 1/2 teaspoon
- Curry leaves – 10
- Dried chili – 2
- Turmeric powder – ½ teaspoon
- Onion – thinly sliced ½ cup
- Green chili – 1 slit
- Dried fenugreek leave – 1 teaspoon
- Oil – 1 tablespoon or as required
- Salt to taste
How to –
- Heat oil in skillet. Add the mustard seeds. Once it starts to crackle, tip in the dried chili and curry leaves.
- Add onions, green chili. Saute till onions turn golden brown.
- Add turmeric and fenugreek leaves, and fry for a minute.
- Add beetroot, salt and mix well. Cover and cook for a 2 minutes.
- Uncover and cook, stirring constantly for 3 minutes.
Turn off the heat and serve hot