You need –
- Baby potatoes – 8
- Onion – 1, paste
- Tomato – 1, pureed
- Garlic paste – 2 teaspoon
- Ginger paste – 2 teaspoon
- Cumin seeds – ¼ teaspoon
- Asafoetida – a pinch
- Turmeric – ¼ teaspoon
- Garam masala – 1 teaspoon
- Chilli powder – 1 tablespoon
- Greek yogurt – ½ cup
- Almond paste – 2 teaspoon
- Oil/ ghee – 1 tablespoon plus 2 tablespoons for frying the potatoes
- Salt – to taste
- chopped coriander leaves – 2 tablespoons
How to –
- Scrape the potatoes, prick all over with a fork and soak in the water with little salt for 2 hours.
- Dry the potatoes on a cloth and heat the ghee or oil.
- Fry the potatoes until golden brown. Drain and set aside.
- In pan heat oil or ghee, crackle the cumin seeds and tip in the asafoetida.
- Add the onion, ginger and garlic paste and fry till the raw smell is gone.
- Add the turmeric powder, chili powder and saute for a minute or till oil start to separate.
- Add the tomato puree, and around ½ cup water; cover and cook till the gravy is thick.
- Beat the yogurt till smooth and add into the tomato puree. Stir well. Add water if needed.
- Add the baby potatoes and almond paste; cook till the gravy is thick on a low heat..
- Sprinkle the garam masala and chopped coriander leaves. Cook for a couple of minutes.
- Turn off the heat and serve hot with rice or roti.