Perfect curry to go with appams…
You need –
- Boiled egg – 3-4 nos
- Thick Coconut milk – 125 mls
- Thin coconut milk – 250 mls
- Onions – 2, medium, thinly sliced
- Ginger paste – 1 teaspoon
- Garlic paste – 1 teaspoon
- Coriander powder – 3 teaspoons
- Chili powder – 2 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder – ¼ teaspoon
- Garam masala powder – ½ teaspoon
- Mustard seeds – ½ teaspoon
- Oil – 1.5 tablespoon
- Salt to taste
How to –
- Add a little water to chili powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder and garam masala to make a fine paste.
- Heat oil in pan, Crackle the mustard seeds.
- Add the onion, ginger-garlic paste, sauté till the onions turn light brown and the raw smell is gone.
- Add the masala paste and continue to sauté till done.
- Add the thin/second extraction of the coconut milk, curry leave, boiled eggs and cook for 5 mins.
- Add the thick milk/first extraction of the coconut milk and simmer for a minute. Do not boil.
- Turn of the heat and serve hot with appam /rice/ roti.
One thought on “Simple egg Curry”
Eggs 'n curry sure sounds like a good match. So numy!