You need –
- Onion – 1 large, finely chopped
- Carrots – 2,cut into small cubes
- Ginger – Small piece (1 cm), thinly sliced
- Cumin powder – 1½ teaspoons
- Coriander powder –1 ½ teaspoons
- Turmeric powder – ½ teaspoon
- Fennel powder – ¼ teaspoon
- Cinnamon powder – 1 teaspoon
- Vegetable stock – 1 litre
- Butter – tablespoon
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper – as per taste
- Thick coconut milk/cream – 1 tablespoon to garnish
How to –
- Heat the butter in sauce pan, fry the onion and ginger until soft.
- Add the carrots and fry for a minute or two.
- In a small bowl combine the spice powders to make a paste and add it to the onion and carrots. Stir well to combine and fry for a minute.
- Add the stock and season with salt and pepper. Bring this a boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover and cook for 20 -30 minutes or till the carrots are tender.
- Turn off and into a blender, blend until smooth. Pour the soup back to the pan and heat gently. Turn off the heat.
- Garnish with the coconut milk/cream, black pepper and serve hot.