This elegant dessert adapted from a cook book is “to die for”… Its perfect when you have guests over since this is a do-ahead dessert as it needs to be refrigerated atleast for 12 hrs before you serve.
You need –
- Dark chocolate – 400 grams
- Butter – 125 grams
- Egg yolk – 4
- Icing sugar – 75 grams
- Ground cinimamon – ½ teaspoon
- Thick cream – 500 mls
- Vanilla essence – ½ teaspoon
For the raspberry sauce
- Raspberries – 1 cup
- Icing sugar – 3 tablespoon
- Orange juice – 1 tablespoon
How to –
- Melt the chocolate either double boiler or microwave. Add the butter and stir until smooth.
- In Bowl using an electric mixer beat the egg yolks, icing sugar and cinnamon until foamy.
- Beat in the chocolate mixture and set aside.
- In another bowl whip the cream. Add the vanilla essence and continue to whip until soft peaks. Fold it into the chocolate mixture.
- Prepare a 11’ inch cake mold with wax paper. Pour the mixture in, cover and refrigerate for 12-24 hours.
To make the sauce
- Puree the berries in blender. Pass through a fine sieve into a bowl. Discard the seeds.
- Stir in sugar and orange juice. Cover and refrigerate.