You need –
- Cold steamed rice – 2 cups
- Peanut oil – 2 tablespoons
- Onion – 1, finely chopped
- Red chili – 1 sliced
- Mushrooms – 200 grams, thinly sliced
- Grated Ginger – 1 teaspoon
- Grated garlic – 1 teaspoon
- Eggs – 2 beaten
- Salt – to taste
- Pepper – to taste
- Light soy sauce – 2 teaspoon
- Rice wine vinegar – 1 teaspoon
- Coriander leaves – ½ cup
- Red chilies – 2 for garnishing (optional)
How to –
- Heat oil in a wok. Fry the onion, chilies, ginger and garlic until soft.
- Add the mushrooms, and fry until cooked. Fry for a minute or two.
- Add the rice, soy sauce, rice vinegar and toss thoroughly until the rice is coated with the mixture and heated through.
- Push the rice to the side of the wok making a well in the middle, now add the beaten eggs, season with salt and pepper.
- Stir until the eggs start to set and mix well with the rice on high heat until the eggs are cooked.
- Turn off the heat. Garnish with coriander leaves and chili.