You need –
- Pastry sheets – 1 pack
- Cookie cutter – of your choice
- Oil for deep frying.
For the filling
- Beetroot – 1 large, boiled
- Potatoes – 2 medium , boiled
- Green chili – 1, chopped
- Ginger and garlic paste – 1 teaspoon
- Coriander powder – 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder – ¼ teaspoon
- Garam masala powder – ¼ teaspoon
- Cumin seeds – ½ teaspoon
- Parsley – chopped, 2 tablespoons
- Salt to taste
- Oil – 1 tablespoon
How to –
Mash the beetroot and potatoes and set aside.
Heat oil in pan, add the cumin seeds and allow crackle. Add the ginger, garlic paste & green chili and fry till the raw smell is gone. Add the powders, salt and fry for 2 mins or till the oil starts to separate.
Add the mashed beetroot, potatoes, parsley and mix well to coat. Turn off the heat and set aside.
Place the pastry sheet on parchment paper and cut into shapes using the cookie cutter. Take a cut pastry, place the beets-potato filling. Place another cut sheet on top and gently press the edges to seal. You can use a fork to press the sides.
Heat enough oil in a frying pan, Deep fry the filled pastries till golden brown. Remove and set on a paper towel.
Serve with tomato ketchup for your tea-time.