You need –
- Tofu – 150 grams, cut into thick strips
- Bell peppers – 2 small, chopped into chunks (I used Green and yellow peppers)
- Onions – 1 medium, sliced
- Tomatoes – 1 large, finely chopped
- ginger- garlic paste – 1.5 teaspoons
- Paprika – 1 teaspoon
- Dried fenugreek leaves – 2 teaspoons
- Whole spices –
- Coriander seeds – 2 tablespoons
- Red dried chilies – 3-4 or to taste
- Cloves – 1
- Cumin seeds – 1/4 teaspoon
- Peppercorn – 1/4 teaspoon.
- Cardamom – 1
- Cinnamon – 1 small stick
- Fresh coriander leaves – to garnish
- Oil – as required
- Salt to taste
How to –
Blend to fine powder all the ingredients under “Whole spices”. Pan fry the Tofu slices till light golden on both side.
Heat the oil in a kadai/skillet, add the dry spice powder, paprika and sauté till fragrant.
Add the onions and cook till translucent. Add garlic-ginger, tomato and salt. cook for 3-4 minutes or till the oil start to separate.
Tip in the Tofu, fenugreek leaves. Turn the heat to high and mix well for about 3-4 minutes. Add about 1/4 cup of hot water.reduce the heat to medium-low for 4-5 minutes or till the gravy is thick stirring frequently.
Turn off the heat and serve hot with Indian flat bread or rice.