This delicious soup of white bean combined with tomatoes, corn and pepper is perfect for those evenings when you yearn for something wholesome but don’t have the time n’ energy to cook something elaborate. This wholesome and nutritious soup can truly invigorate your senses; have some crusty bread on the side to dip and savour!
You need –
- Canned baked beans – 425 gram
- Canned diced tomatoes – 400 grams
- Steamed corn kernels – 1 cup
- Bell pepper (I used red) – 1 small, finely chopped
- Red onion – 1 large, finely chopped
- Green chili – 1 or to taste
- Garlic – 2 large pods
- Chili powder – 1.5 teaspoons or to taste
- Cumin powder – ½ teaspoon
- Veg stock – 2 cups
- Olive oil – 2 teaspoons
- Salt n pepper to taste
- Spring onions – to garnish
How to –
Heat oil in a heavy bottom pan, add the chopped onion and saute till tender. Add the garlic and green chili and saute briefly. Add the tomatoes, chili powder and cumin powder. Cook for 2-3 minutes. Add the stock and ½ cup water. Cover and cook over medium heat for 10-15 minutes.
Turn the heat off and in a blender or food processor, carefully blend the soup until smooth. If the soup is too thick, add hot water to adjust the consistency. Pour the soup back into the sauce pan. Add the beans, corn, bell peppers, season with salt and pepper and cook for about 10 mins or till the bell pepper is tender. Turn the heat off.
Garnish with chopped spring onions and serve.
One thought on “spicy beans and corn soup”