Its simple and easy to make. A quick fix meal.
|Vendakka Thayir Pachadi|
You will need –
- Thick Yogurt – 1 cups
- Water – ¼ or as required
- Grated coconut – 1/3 cup
- Green Chili – 1
- Okra – 3-4
- Coconut oil – as required for frying the Okras
- Mustard – ½ teaspoon
- Dried red chilli – 1
- Curry leaves – 10
- Oil – 1 tablespoon
- Grind the grated coconut and green chili into a fine paste. Adding a little water if required and set aside.
- Chop the okra’s into slices (1/2 cms) and deep fry till they turn golden brown. Set aside on Kitchen towel to drain out excess oil.
- Mix the coconut-chili paste with yogurt, add the fried okra, salt to taste and mix well. Add water or as required if the mixture is too thick.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a pan, add the mustard seeds and let it start to splatter. Add the curry leaves and red chili. Add this to the yogurt coconut mixture.
- This goes best with rice.