Made with freshly done espresso! Not often I get to work with our KitchenAid espresso machine (my husband have exclusive rights on it). This time I got a chance, and got the maximum out of it 🙂 and here is the recipe –
You need –
- Butter – 225 grams
- Caster suger – 175 grams
- Vanilla extract – 1 teaspoon
- Eggs – 4
- Freshly made espresso – 250 ml
- Ground almonds – 100 grams
- Chocolate chips – 100 grams
- All purpose flour – 250 grams
- Baking powder – 1 teaspoon
For the frosting –
- Icing sugar – 200 grams
- Coffee liqueur – 2 tablespoon
How to –
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 F or 180 C
- Line a 16X12 inch Swiss roll tin with parchment paper
- Beat the butter until light and creamy. Gradually add in the sugar, vanilla extract and the eggs.
- Stir in about three-quarters of the espresso, ground almonds and chocolate chips.
- Sift in the flour and baking powder and fold into the mixture.
- Spread the mixture into the pan and bake for about 30-35 minutes or until the tooth pick comes out clean when inserted.
For the icing
- Mix the icing sugar, remaining espresso and coffee liqueur and spread on the slightly warm cake.