You need –
- Russets potatoes
- Peanut oil – for deep frying
- Salt to taste
- Cut potatoes into ½ inch slices
- Put them in a bowl with cold water and allow to soak for 15 minutes.
- Drain well and dry thoroughly using a clean kitchen towel.
- In a deep pan gently heat the oil and fry the potatoes till cooked through and they turn light brown.
- Drain on a paper towel and set aside.
- Increase the heat of the oil and cook the fries again in batches for 1 or 2 mins or until crispy and golden.
- Drain on a paper towel and into a large bowl. Season with salt and serve hot.