You need –
- Basmati Rice – 1 cup
- Butter – 1 ½ tablespoon
- Onion – 1 , finely chopped
- Finely chopped fresh Mint – 1 tablespoon
- Ground cinnamon – ¼ teaspoon
- Dried Apricots – 100 grams, diced
- Hot chicken stock – 2 cups
- Raisins – 100 grams
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper – as per taste
How to –
- Soak the rice with some salt for 2 hours. Drain thoroughly.
- Heat the butter in heavy bottom sauce pan and sauté the onions till soft.
- Add the mint leaves, salt, pepper and cinnamon. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the rice and mix well. Add the hot chicken stock.
- Add in the apricots and raisins and stir well.
- Cover cook till 75% done. Place a folded tea towel under the lid and press tightly. Turn down the heat to very low and cook 15 mins or till done.
Fluff up the rice with a fork and serve hot.