|Spanish orange and almond cake|
You need –
- Orange – 1
- Butter – 75 grams
- Caster sugar – ½ cup
- Eggs – 2
- Ground almonds – 1 cup
- Self-rising flour – ¼ cup, sifted
- Baking powder – 1 teaspoons
- Icing sugar – as required for dusting.
How to –
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 C. Line the base of cake tin with non-stick baking paper
- Peel the oranges and place them in a saucepan of water. Cover and simmer until soft.
- Remove from the water, take of the seeds and chop roughly .
- Process the orange, butter, sugar, eggs, ground almonds, flour and baking powder in a food processor until smooth.
- Transfer the mixture into the tin and bake for 35-45 minutes or till skewer comes clean when inserted.
- Allow to cool and then dust the icing sugar and serve.
Please note -Traditionally the orange skin is used but I have not. If you would like to please do. You will need to boil the oranges with the skin.